|Martin Sacks Quick Info|
|Date of Birth||October 16, 1959|
Martin Sacks is an Australian actor, writer, director, and theater artist who is best known for playing the role of Senior Detective Patrick Joseph “P.J.” Hasham in the police drama television series Blue Heelers from 1993 to 2005. Moreover, his filmography also consists of various other shows and movies such as Wentworth, The Restless Years, A Country Practice, Stock Squad, Emoh Ruo, All the Way, La tricheuse, Touch the Sun: Princess Kate, Field of Fire III, Jake and the Fatman, Love in Limbo, Encounters, Thirtysomething, Brock, Irresistible Force, Police Rescue, Sea Patrol, My Husband My Killer, The Rubicon, Rise, Underbelly, The Strip, The Gods of Wheat Street, Buckley’s Chance, City Homicide, East of Everything, Lowdown, The Cup, Rescue Special Ops, Offspring, Cliffy, Don’t Tell, Rake, The Straits, Bait 3D, Reef Doctors, A Place to Call Home, and Slate, Wyn & Me.
Martin Colin Sacks
Martin Sacks attended Stella Adler Acting School in New York.
Actor, Writer, Director, Theater Artist
6 ft or 183 cm
77 kg or 169.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Martin Sacks has dated –
- Kate Sacks – He is married to Kate Sacks (née Allen) and they have 2 sons – Ned Sacks and Jack Sacks.
Race / Ethnicity
Salt and Pepper
- Receding hairline
- Deep-set eyes
He was cast in the TV commercial for Channel 7’s 40 Years of TV in 1996.
Martin Sacks Facts
- He co-starred in Blue Heelers alongside John Wood, Julie Nihill, William McInnes, Lisa McCune, Grant Bowler, Ann Burbrook, and Damian Walshe-Howling.
- For his role in Blue Heelers, Martin Sacks won the Logie Award for “Most Popular Actor” consecutively from 1997 to 2001.
- For his services to Australian society and film production, he was honored with the Australian Centenary Medal in the 2001 Queen’s New Years Honours List.
- Martin Sacks portrayed the character of Mario Condello (an Italian-Australian organized crime figure who was a key figure in the Melbourne gangland killings) in the television true crime-drama series Underbelly in 2008.
- He appeared as Neil Pinner in the 2011 biographical film The Cup, starring Brendan Gleeson, Stephen Curry, Daniel MacPherson, Tom Burlinson, and Bill Hunter.
- From 2013 to 2018, Martin Sacks played the recurring role of Derek Channing in the television drama series Wentworth.
- He co-starred as Jimmy Cove in the 2014 crime drama film Rise.
- He was cast as Tony (father of Lyndal) in the 2017 drama film Don’t Tell, starring Jack Thompson, Aden Young, Sara West, and Rachel Griffiths.
- As a director, Martin Sacks has worked on shows like Blue Heelers and All Saints.
Featured Image by Eva Rinaldi / Flickr / CC BY-SA 2.0