|Louis Van Amstel Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 7 in|
|Date of Birth||June 23, 1972|
Louis Van Amstel is a Dutch-American dancer and choreographer who became widely popular after competing on-and-off in the dance competition show, Dancing with the Stars (2005-Present).
Louis van Amstel
5 ft 7 in or 170 cm
68 kg or 150 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Louis has dated –
- Joshua Lancaster – He tied the knot with his boyfriend of many years, Joshua Lancaster on January 8, 2017. The couple raises 2 sons together named Daniel and Jonathan, both of whom were adopted.
Race / Ethnicity
- Square face
- Short height
Louis Van Amstel Favorite Things
- Holiday – Christmas
- Hobby – Snow Skiing
- Dancing Partner On Dancing With The Stars – Kelly Osbourne
Source – Us Magazine, YouTube
Louis Van Amstel Facts
- He became an American citizen in 2007.
- Louis was the 1st professional dancer finalized to participate in Dancing with the Stars during its premier season in 2005.
- In 2007, he started his dance fitness program called LaBlast with Lisa Rinna.
- He revealed in 2019 that his son was shamed for having 2 openly-gay fathers by his school’s substitute teacher, who followed it up with a 10-minute-long anti-gay lecture in front of the whole class. Louis further stated that the teacher in question was promptly fired.
- His dream was to be an Air Force pilot.
- Louis was diagnosed with ADHD as a child. He took part in tennis, swimming, skiing, and dancing to deal with his hyperactivity.
- He bears a striking resemblance to the British-Irish comedian and actor, Jimmy Carr.
- During his stint on Dancing with the Stars, Louis was partnered with Trista Sutter, Lisa Rinna, Monique Coleman, Priscilla Presley, Kelly Osbourne, Niecy Nash, Margaret Cho, Kendra Wilkinson, Sabrina Bryan, Paula Deen, Cheryl Ladd, etc.
Featured Image by Louis Van Amstel / Instagram