|Jimmy Buffett Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 7 in|
|Date of Birth||December 25, 1946|
Jimmy Buffett is an American singer-songwriter, musician, author, actor, and businessman who is known for the release of his singles Margaritaville and Come Monday. The most captivating part of his music is his way of portraying island escapism in his songs. Aside from music, he is also a restauranteur who owns the Margaritaville Cafe restaurant chain.
James William Buffett
Pascagoula, Mississippi, United States
Jimmy divides his time between Sag Harbor, New York, and West Palm Beach, Florida.
Jimmy attended St. Ignatius School. In 1964, he completed his studies at McGill–Toolen Catholic High School. Later, he started attending Auburn University before transferring to Pearl River Community College.
In 1969, Jimmy graduated with a bachelor’s degree in history from the University of Southern Mississippi in Hattiesburg, Mississippi.
Jimmy received an honorary doctorate in music from the University of Miami in 2015.
Singer, Songwriter, Musician, Author, Actor, Businessman
- Father – James Delaney Buffett
- Mother – Mary Lorraine Peets
- Siblings – Laurie Buffett (Sister)
- Others – James Delaney Buffett (Paternal Grandfather), Hilda Norma Seymour (Paternal Grandmother), Thomas Delos Peets (Maternal Grandfather), Bessie Love Thompson (Maternal Grandmother)
Jimmy is managed by Michael Griswold.
Gulf and Western, Country, Country Rock, Folk Rock, Trop Rock, Calypso, Easy Listening, Pop
Vocals, Guitar, Ukulele
Barnaby Records, ABC Records, Dunhill Records, MCA Records, Margaritaville, Island Def Jam, PolyGram Records, Mailboat Records, Atlantic Records, RCA Records
Jimmy Buffet’s net worth was $600 Million according to Celebrity Net Worth.
5 ft 7 in or 170 cm
70 kg or 154.5 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Jimmy has dated
- Margie Washichek (1969-1971) – Jimmy was married to a woman named Margie Washichek from 1969 to 1971.
- Jane Slagsvol (1977-1980, 1991-Present) – Jimmy tied the knot with Jane (née Slagsvol) on August 27, 1977. Together, the couple has two daughters, Savannah Jane and Sarah Delaney. Initially, Sarah was almost named Sara Loraine, after her grandmother, but was eventually named Sarah Delaney after her grandfather). They also adopted a son named Cameron Marley. Jane and Jimmy separated sometime in the 1980s but reconciled in 1991.
Race / Ethnicity
James is of English, some French/Cajun, Spanish, German, and Irish, and 1/1024th First Nations descent.
- He has described his music as a “drunken Caribbean rock ‘n’ roll”
- His sailor suits
- Sunglasses and vacation clothes
Jimmy has appeared in commercials for several brands such as –
- American Express Concert Series
- Sirius/XM Satellite Radio
Jimmy Buffett Favorite Things
- Song Of His – Twelve Volt Man
Source – YouTube
Jimmy Buffett Facts
- He lived in Mobile, Alabama for the most part of his childhood before going on to reside in Fairhope, Alabama.
- Jimmy played the trombone in his school band.
- He learned to play the guitar during his first year of attending Auburn University.
- Initially, he began his music career as a country artist in Nashville, Tennessee during the 1960s.
- It was his grandfather who introduced him to sailing. Hence, influencing his music later in life.
- Jimmy is one of the initiates of the Kappa Sigma fraternity at the University of Southern Mississippi.
- Shortly after completing his studies, Jimmy went on to work as a correspondent for Billboard magazine in Nashville. He was the one to break the disbandment of Flatt and Scruggs.
- His devoted fan base is known under the moniker “Parrotheads”.
- Jimmy opened up the Margaritaville Cafe in Key West, Florida in 1987. Later, in 1993, he founded Margaritaville Records in collaboration with MCA Records.
- At the beginning of his career, he had been working as the first mate on the yacht of industrialist Foster Talge on the Petticoat III in Key West while working on his “Caribbean Rock n’ Roll” genre.
- He published two New York Times Best Selling books Tales from Margaritaville (1989) and Where Is Joe Merchant? (1992).
- Jimmy met with an accident on August 25, 1994, around 3:00 pm Eastern time, after his Grumman G-44 Widgeon, N1471N, crashed while he was attempting to take off in the waters off Nantucket, Massachusetts. During the crash, he sustained minor injuries.
- Jimmy lost his father on May 1, 2003, at the age of 83, and then four months later on September 25, his mother passed away.
- He opened up the Resorts Casino Hotel in Atlantic City, New Jersey in May 2013.
- Jimmy owns a home in Saint Barts, a Caribbean island, and a Dassault Falcon 900 which he pilots. Jimmy has also owned various other planes including Boeing Stearman, Cessna Citation, Lake Amphibian, and Grumman Albatross.
- In 2017, his net worth was estimated to be $ 900 million making him the richest musician at the time.
- Though he shares the last name with business magnate Warren Buffett, he is not related to him.
Featured Image By Chief Mass Communication Specialist Michael W. Pendergrass / Wikimedia / Public Domain